Florence is probably the best choice to do an internship in Italy and abroad. There are many reasons: first of all the city is stunning, full of culture and art. Florence is also very safe and super easy to explore, you can walk and cycle everywhere.
The expert team of advisors at EZC Study Abroad will work with you to clearly define your objectives for your internship. The internship can be based on your chosen field of study but can also be in a different field if you wish to explore this.
EZC Study Abroad has a number of regular host companies that we work with on an ongoing basis and we also source new host companies based on a student’s requirements.
An EZC Study Abroad advisor on the ground in Italy will hold regular meetings with you to obtain feedback on your internship progress. Meetings will also be held with your supervisor at the host company.
This is a non-credit based internship but credit may be applied by speaking to your home institution beforehand.
All interns will participate in the International Work Culture Seminars. Designed to help students succeed in their internship but also prepare for their future career, seminar topics will vary and cover soft skills, employer hiring practices, improving professional communication skills, building a professional social media profile, and adapting to work environments. Guest speakers and career-focused field trips and activities will be an important part of the experience. Some of our seminars include:
- Introduction to Working Culture in Italy
- Intercultural Communication
- How to present your Intern Abroad experience to prospective employers
- Social Media & Me – How your online footprint can impact your future career
Your social and residential experience abroad is just as important as your internship. We understand that to make the most of your short time in residence it is important that you take every opportunity to meet and live with others, we will encourage you to integrate with other international and Italian students and interns.
As an EZC Student you have the option to live in self-catering house-share accommodation You will share with Italian and/or international students and interns.
- Private bedroom in a shared apartment
- While some apartments are equipped with shared bathrooms, apartment residences with en-suite facilities for those who wish to have their own private bathroom are available at a supplement
- Fully furnished kitchen, a comfortable lounge area, heating, television, laundry facilities and internet access
- EazyCity offers a 24 hour emergency phone number and a full maintenance service
*Private bedroom with private bathroom in Student Hotel Florence option also available – ask us for more details
We also offer the opportunity to live with a host family in Florence. This offers a great way to meet and integrate with a local family with the option of having evening meals included. If you would like more information on staying with a host family during your internship please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Pre-Departure Support including Internship Goal-Setting
- Visa & Immigration Advising and support
- Arrival Orientation
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport Pick-up
- On-site Staff Support
- Regular feedback meetings with EZC Study Abroad advisor to track internship goals progress
- 24/7 Emergency Assistance
- International Health Insurance
- Farewell Event
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Excursions and activities
- Health and Safety support
- Italian language lesson
- Traditional Tuscan cooking class
- Visit to a famous local food market
- Guided city tour of Florence
- Optional Excursions to Milan or Rome
- Volunteer opportunties also available – ask us for more details!
Dates & Program Fees
|Application Due Date||Friday, May 24, 2024||Confirmation Deposit Due||Friday, June 21, 2024||Full Program Fee Due/Withdraw Deadline||Friday, July 5, 2024||FInal Forms Due||Monday, July 22, 2024||Arrival to Florence & check-in to housing||Thursday, August 22, 2024||Tour of the city, orientation incl. Intro to Working Culture in Ireland seminar and activities||Friday & Saturday, August 23-24, 2024||OPTIONAL Excursion||Sunday, Aug 25, 2024||Internship Begins||Monday, Aug 26, 2024||Internship Ends||Friday, November 8, 2024||Housing Check-Out & Departure||Saturday, November 9, 2024|
Admissions Status: Currently Accepting Application
Extra Costs & Living Expenses
At EZC Study Abroad we want you to be fully prepared so here below we have outlined any extra costs and estimated living expenses per semester.
Housing Security Deposit (refundable upon departure) – $200 approx.
Clothes, Laundry etc – $300 approx.
Food – $600 approx.
Personal Travel within Italy– $200/250 approx.