Valencia is the third largest city in Spain and is located on the Mediterranean Sea. Founded over two thousand years ago, this city is a mix of the old and the new, fast-paced and laid back, with brilliant vibrancy and subtle details, making it the perfect place to carry out a professional internship!
Living in Valencia is much easier than Barcelona or Madrid as it’s a geographically small city. Most places are within walking distance and there is a great transportation network with underground rail and buses. Valencia is also connected to other top Spanish destinations, such as Barcelona, Madrid, and Seville, via a high-speed railway!
Valencia is one of the fastest growing cities in Europe, due to its relaxed coastal town vibe along with all the amenities of a large city. Its vibrant locals embrace life and are often out until late in the evening and early morning. With a Mediterranean climate, Valencia has mild winters and long, hot summers! It’s famous for being a cultural city with strong influences in science, education, business and the arts.
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience life in one of Spain’s most authentic cities!
The expert team of advisors at EZC Study Abroad will work with you to clearly define your objectives for your internship. The internship can be based on your chosen field of study but can also be in a different field if you wish to explore this.
EZC Study Abroad has a number of regular host companies that we work with on an ongoing basis and we also source new host companies based on a student’s requirements.
An EZC Study Abroad advisor on the ground in Spain will hold regular meetings with you to obtain feedback on your internship progress. Meetings will also be held with your supervisor at the host company.
This is a non-credit based internship but credit may be applied by speaking to your home institution beforehand.
All interns will participate in the International Work Culture Seminars. Designed to help students succeed in their internship but also prepare for their future career, seminar topics will vary and cover soft skills, employer hiring practices, improving professional communication skills, building a professional social media profile, and adapting to work environments. Guest speakers and career-focused field trips and activities will be an important part of the experience. Some of our seminars include:
- Introduction to Working Culture in Spain
- Intercultural Communication
- How to present your Intern Abroad experience to prospective employers
- Social Media & Me – How your online footprint can impact your future career
Your social and residential experience abroad is just as important as your internship. We understand that to make the most of your short time in residence it is important that you take every opportunity to meet and live with others. We will encourage you to integrate with other international and Spanish students and interns.
As an EZC Student you have the option to live in self-catering house-share accommodation. You will share with other international students, interns or young professionals.
- Private bedroom in a shared house/apartment *Shared bedroom option also available for a couple or 2 friends traveling together
- While some apartments are equipped with shared bathrooms, apartment residences with en-suite facilities for those who wish to have their own private bathroom are available at a supplement
- Fully furnished kitchen, a comfortable lounge area, heating, television, laundry facilities and internet access
- EazyCity offers a 24 hour emergency phone number and a full maintenance service
We also offer the opportunity to live with a host family in Valencia. This offers a great way to meet and integrate with a local family with the option of having evening meals included. If you would like more information on staying with a host family during your internship please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Pre-Departure Support including Internship Goal-Setting
- Visa & Immigration Advising and support
- Arrival Orientation
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport Pick-up
- On-site Staff Support
- Regular feedback meetings with EZC Study Abroad advisor to track internship goals progress
- 24/7 Emergency Assistance
- International Health Insurance
- Farewell Event
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Excursions and activities
- Health and Safety support
- Spanish language lesson
- Visit to a famous local produce market
- Paella-making class
- Visit to the City of Arts & Science and Oceanographic - Europe's largest aquarium
- Optional Excursions to Madrid and Barcelona
- Volunteer opportunites available - ask us for more details!
Dates & Program Fees
|Online Application Due Date||Friday, May 26, 2023||Confirmation Deposit Due||Friday, June 23, 2023||Full Program Fee Due / Withdraw Deadline||Friday, July 7, 2023||Final Forms Due||Monday, July 24, 2023||Arrival to Valencia & check-in to housing||Thursday, August 24, 2023||Tour of the city, orientation incl. Intro to Working Culture in Spain seminar and activities||Friday & Saturday, August 25 – 26, 2023||OPTIONAL Excursion||Sunday, August 27, 2023||Internship Begins||Monday, August 28, 2023||Internship Ends||Friday, November 10, 2023||Housing Check-Out & Departure||Saturday, November 11, 2023|
Admissions Status: Currently Accepting Application