Valencia is the third largest city in Spain and is located on the Mediterranean Sea. Founded over two thousand years ago, this city is a mix of the old and the new, fast-paced and laid back, with brilliant vibrancy and subtle details, making it the perfect place to carry out a professional internship!
Living in Valencia is much easier than Barcelona or Madrid as it’s a geographically small city. Most places are within walking distance and there is a great transportation network with underground rail and buses. Valencia is also connected to other top Spanish destinations, such as Barcelona, Madrid, and Seville, via a high-speed railway!
Valencia is one of the fastest growing cities in Europe, due to its relaxed coastal town vibe along with all the amenities of a large city. Its vibrant locals embrace life and are often out until late in the evening and early morning. With a Mediterranean climate, Valencia has mild winters and long, hot summers! It’s famous for being a cultural city with strong influences in science, education, business and the arts.
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience life in one of Spain’s most authentic cities!
The expert team of advisors at EZC Study Abroad will work with you to clearly define your objectives for your internship. The internship can be based on your chosen field of study but can also be in a different field if you wish to explore this.
EZC Study Abroad has a number of regular host companies that we work with on an ongoing basis and we also source new host companies based on a student’s requirements.
An EZC Study Abroad advisor on the ground in Spain will hold regular meetings with you to obtain feedback on your internship progress. Meetings will also be held with your supervisor at the host company.
This is a non-credit based internship but credit may be applied by speaking to your home institution beforehand.
All interns will participate in the International Work Culture Seminars. Designed to help students succeed in their internship but also prepare for their future career, seminar topics will vary and cover soft skills, employer hiring practices, improving professional communication skills, building a professional social media profile, and adapting to work environments. Guest speakers and career-focused field trips and activities will be an important part of the experience. Some of our seminars include:
- Introduction to Working Culture in Spain
- Intercultural Communication
- How to present your Intern Abroad experience to prospective employers
- Social Media & Me – How your online footprint can impact your future career
Your social and residential experience abroad is just as important as your internship. We understand that to make the most of your short time in residence it is important that you take every opportunity to meet and live with others. We will encourage you to integrate with other international and Spanish students and interns.
As an EZC Student you have the option to live in self-catering house-share accommodation operated by our sister organization EazyCity. We have several properties in Valencia city center and you will share with other international students, interns or professionals.
- Private bedroom in a shared apartment *Shared bedroom with twin beds/double bed available upon request for 2 friends/couple sharing. Limited availability.
- While some apartments are equipped with shared bathrooms, apartment residences with en-suite facilities for those who wish to have their own private bathroom are available at a supplement
- Fully furnished kitchen, a comfortable lounge area, heating, television, laundry facilities and internet access
- EazyCity offers a 24 hour emergency phone number and a full maintenance service
We also offer the opportunity to live with a host family in Valencia. This offers a great way to meet and integrate with a local family with the option of having evening meals included. If you would like more information on staying with a host family during your internship please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Pre-Departure Support including Internship Goal-Setting
- Visa & Immigration Advising and support
- Arrival Orientation
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport Pick-up
- On-site Staff Support
- Regular feedback meetings with EZC Study Abroad advisor to track internship goals progress
- 24/7 Emergency Assistance
- International Health Insurance
- Farewell Event
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Excursions and activities
- Health and Safety support
- Visit to a famous local produce market
- Paella cooking class
- Visit to the City of Arts and Science and Oceanographic - Europe's largest aquarium
- Spanish language lesson
- Visit to the Fallas museum
- Optional Excursions to Madrid and Barcelona
- Volunteer opportunities available - ask us for more details!
Dates & Program Fees
|Application Due Date||Friday, February 10, 2023||Confirmation Deposit Due||Friday, March 3, 2023||Full Program Fee Due/Withdraw Deadline||Friday, March 24, 2023||Final Forms Due||Monday, April 10, 2023||Arrival to Valencia & check-in to housing||Thursday, May 18, 2023||Tour of the city, orientation incl. Intro to Working Culture in Spain seminar and activities||Friday to Saturday , May 19 – 20, 2023||OPTIONAL Excursion||Sunday May 21, 2023||Internship Begins||Monday, May 23, 2023||OPTIONAL Excursion||Saturday, June 18, 2022||OPTIONAL Weekend Excursion to Madrid or Barcelona||Early Friday 30 June to late Sunday 2 July, 2023 (*Only students on the excursion may miss their internship Friday June 30)||Internship Ends||Friday, July 14, 2023||Housing Check-Out & Departure||Saturday, July 15, 2023|
Admissions Status: Currently Accepting Application
Extra Costs & Living Expenses
|Application Due Date||Friday, March 3, 2023||Confirmation Deposit Due||Friday, March 24, 2023||Withdraw Deadline / Full Program Fee Due||Friday, April 14, 2023||Final Forms Due||Monday, May 15, 2023||Arrival to Valencia & check-in to housing||Thursday, June 8, 2023||Tour of the city, orientation incl. Intro to Working Culture in Spain seminar and activities||Friday & Saturday , June 9 – 10, 2023||OPTIONAL Excursion||Sunday June 11, 2023||Internship Begins||Monday, June 12, 2023||OPTIONAL Weekend Excursion to Madrid or Barcelona||Early Friday to late Sunday, June 30 – July 2, 2023 (*Only students on the excursion may miss their internship Friday Jul 1)||Internship Ends||Friday, August 4, 2023||Housing Check-Out & Departure||Saturday, August 5, 2023|
Admissions Status: Currently Accepting Application