22nd May – 12th June 2019
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION:
3 weeks all-inclusive program in Ireland
• Students can choose from one of many options with subjects including Irish Studies, Business, Healthcare, Physical Education & Sports Science and Theatre.
• SUMMER 2019: 22nd May – 12th June 2019 – 3 weeks
• 3 meals a day – 5 days per week
• Minimum 2.90 G.P.A.
• CREDITS: 3 US Credits (6 ECTS)
• COST: $ 4.500
• Language of Instruction: English
• Pre-Departure Orientation
• Financial Advising
• Tuition and Registration
• Airport Pick-up and transfer from Shannon (SNN)
• On-site Orientation
• On-site Staff Support
• 24/7 Emergency Assistance
• General Assistance and Travel Support
• Welcome & Farewell Events
• Live Life Abroad – EZC’s Authentic
Social & Cultural Activities Program
• Volunteer Opportunities
• Excursions and field trips
(4 excursions including 2 nights trip to London)
• Host Institution Services & Amenities
• Health and Safety support
• Campus housing – Single room with private bathroom
• 3 meals per day – Monday to Friday
• Membership of UL Sports Arena
• Official UL Transcript
• Certificate of Attendance
• Advantage – Access to EZC’s Exclusive
Program for returning students including free webinars, online resources and more focused on how to use your experience abroad to further your career development in the future
Choosing Ireland as a destination you will study in one of the best education systems in the world for higher education achievements.
EZC Study Abroad Students will study at University of Limerick, one of the world’s top universities. Limerick, the 3rd largest city of Ireland, is located in the heart of Ireland only 30 minutes from Shannon Airport and very well connected to Dublin Airport. It is a great location to fall in love with Ireland and its culture.
Limerick offers its visitors an extensive range of attractions, museums and art galleries. For sporting enthusiasts, Limerick offers a wide range of sports, from Gaelic games (hurling and football) to the city’s favorite sport, rugby.
Summer schools at the University of Limerick offer students a worthwhile learning, social and cultural experience. Students can choose from one of many options with subjects including Irish Studies, Business, Healthcare, Physical Education & Sports Science and Theatre.
See the options, as listed below:
- IRISH LIFE AND LITERATURE: Analyze and contextualize the culture, history and traditions of modern Ireland. Assesses writers, explores social, political and economic developments and discusses folklore, music and song.
- SCREENING IRELAND: IRELAND IN FILM AND TELEVISION: Introduction to Irish cinematic and televisual culture. This summer school will equip students with the necessary vocabulary for the critical discussion of film while enjoying a tradition of film and television in Ireland.
- SOCIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES ON IRISH SOCIETY: Irish society has experienced a period of rapid social, cultural, economic and ideological change. Society in Ireland changed rapidly due to an economic boom and then a national and international financial crisis. This school illustrates how to use a sociological lens to increase understanding of the challenges and contradictions faced by contemporary Irish Society
- MODERN IRISH THEATRE: Irish theatre from the beginning of the Irish Literary Theatre in 1899 to 1999. This course will introduce Irish drama in the 20th Century as well as explore the relationship of Irish nationalism and Irish theatre. Students will attend professional theatre productions in Dublin and Galway.
- HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVES OF JUSTICE IN IRELAND: FOLK DEVILS, FORNICATORS AND FAMILIES: This summer school will take students on a fascinating journey exploring the historical development of three selected pillars/themes of justice in Ireland: punishment, sexuality and families. Ireland's historically low crime rates will be juxtaposed with the historically high level of control exerted over other members of society, such as unmarried mothers, those suffering mental illness, debtors and children.
- TERRORISM, CRIME AND JUSTICE: Terrorism represents one of the most challenging international crimes in contemporary times. This summer school will introduce students to the criminal justice system and theories relating to crime and terrorism. It will include and introduction to criminological and penological theories. In particular drawing on Irish experience, students will be provided with an insight into trends and theories on terrorism.
- IRELAND'S MYTHS AND LEGENDS: Ireland is famous for its myths and legends, stories of mythical creatures and ancient tales of heroes and warriors. Students will gain a knowledge of the importance of mythology and will learn to appreciate Ireland's literary and cultural history more fully.
- DEVELOPING SELF AS A HEALTHCARE PRACTITIONER: This summer school provides a unique opportunity for students across a variety of disciplines to develop a greater awareness of the self in transforming practice. it will explore strategies for developing individual and collaborative approaches within contemporary healthcare practice. Incorporating Celtic spiritual dimension to healthcare and gaining insights through reflection. It aims to foster an engaged connected learning environment in the spirit of creativity, dialogue and diversity.
- ACTIVE BODY ACTIVE MIND: This summer school examines the application of psychological strategies, concepts and theories in exercise and physical activity settings. you will learn how to address the underlying mechanisms for behavior change, introduce interventions to make a real and lasting difference. Aerobic and anaerobic exercises and will take place outdoors on our beautiful campus. What better way to learn than by being outdoors in nature while studying!
- INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MARKETS AND TRADING: This summer school introduces international financial markets and emphasizes the investment decision process as framed by behavioral finance. The use of real-time sophisticated trading and investment software will allow the student to gain experience and a commanding view of the global financial arena.
EZC Study Abroad students will be accommodated in a single room with private bathroom in the UL on campus housing.
Each student will have their own private room and private bathroom with shared living and kitchen area.
The shared amenities of each house are fully equipped kitchen/living room with cable TV. Houses also contain a card-phone, credit for which can be bought in the reception.
Each bedroom also includes a bed, a desk and a wardrobe. Duvets, towels and bed linens are supplied for summer school.
Breakfast is provided in your kitchen area, a breakfast basket is delivered each afternoon including breads, cereals, fruit, yogurts, tea, coffee and milk.
FEES AND DATES
|Orientation||22nd May 2019|
|Class Dates||23rd May 2019 – 11th June 2019|
|London Weekend Trip||1st – 2nd – 3rd June 2019|
|Application Due Date||15th March 2019|
|Final Forms & Payments Due||April 1st 2019|
Currently Accepting Applications
*Further activities will be added later on and confirmed prior to departure.
EZC Tip: Please do not book flights until you have received confirmed dates in your acceptance paperwork. Dates posted here are subject to change.